TAACCCT Tales: Credit for Prior Learning - From Capacity Building to Sustainability
3:00 PM ~ 4:00 PM ET
Learn the story of how one of the largest community colleges in the Northeast, the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), succeeded in implementing accelerated pathways, prior learning, and a prior learning assessment of portfolios. From this experience CCRI will share its best practices and next steps for creating new prior learning policies.
CCRI built its prior learning program as part of its Round 3 Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) grant. Beginning with a key strategic direction to work in the “Long-term Best Interest of the Student,” CCRI has been able to set the stage for an exceedingly proactive, intrusive, and comprehensive strategy for educating and advising students about the benefits of each accelerated pathway, thus making students truly informed consumers regarding their prior learning options.
Specifically CCRI will demonstrate how they:
- Initiated nearly 20 improvements to a Prior Learning Accelerator.
- Produced short videos explaining each prior learning pathway for the Enrollment and Advising offices.
- Coordinated a state wide Prior Learning Summit.
- Developed a media plan to promote Accelerated Pathways.
- Created a faculty committee to review other national prior learning exams. Please join us to hear a TAACCCT grantee tell their story about overcoming challenges and implementing and sustaining their own prior learning program!
Douglas Flor, Program Director, Round 3 TAACCCT Grant, Community College of Rhode Island
Lisa J. Robichaud, Prior Learning Coordinator, Community College of Rhode Island
Cecile Roberti, Department Chair, Business Administration, Community College of Rhode Island
You Might Also Like
- H-1B Ready to Work -Data-Driven Decision Making: Tools to Re...
- Jumpstarting your H-1B TechHire Grant Program: New Grantee O...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Sustaining Your Impact Part 2: L...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Grant Closeout: Finishing Strong...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Sustaining Your Impact Part I: D...